This post is the part of a weekly blogpost series updating you on what’s going on at OpenCorporates this week. Want to help us get more data? Claim a mission!
Data the OpenCorporates team is scraping…. from the Data team
We’re looking at US non-profit data and how to import it into OpenCorporates. This is very exciting as many of you have been requesting this data.
5 word update on what mysterious problem solving they are up to…. from the Dev team
Lukas: Data modelling
Peter: Data modelling
Seb: Client delivery
Bots submitted by community members…. from Peter Evans.
This week we accepted a bot by Quentin (@quentinf) scraping financial licences from the Central Bank of Montenegro and a bot by Ben Parker (@ben) scraping financial licences from the Central Bank of Somalia. Turboteer of the week has to be Ben Parker (@ben) who came to the last London FlashHacks & has been actively working on several bots this week. His scraper for Somalia was also not on our original MTB list (because it was not on the World Bank’s list of jurisdictions that we based our Missions on (http://www.doingbusiness.org/)) – but he scraped it anyway! Now that’s what we call star material.
Do you want to join the fun and claim an Open Data mission? Here’s what Peter suggests.
MEDIUM : Write a bot for ‘finance Licences (securities) – Superintendency Of Companies And Securities (Ecuador)’
MEDIUM : Write a bot for Finance Licences (securities) – Securities And Exchange Commission (thailand)’
HARD : Write a bot for Finance Licences (securities / Insurance) – Financial Services Authority (indonesia).
The next #FlashHacks is…
Tweet of the Week
- Peter is excited for his trip to the north of Scotland.
- Peter E bought the Netrunner core set, though he hasn’t played with it yet though. He also did some alpha testing for a new game last weekend & found some bugs, which was fun.
- Hera (I) was on holiday in Rome and here’s an amazing shot she took there:
- Seb spent the week explaining how corporate networks work to various people.
- Shyam says he had a foodie weekend and let that be the end of it!