This post is the part of a weekly blogpost series updating you on what’s going on at OpenCorporates this week. Want to help us get more data? Claim a mission!
Data the OpenCorporates team is scraping…. from the Data team
Peter and Shyam looked at what data is available for ingestion. Shyam did quite a lot of work on fixing existing importers and working on new ones for business licenses.
5 word update on what mysterious problem solving they are up to…. from the Dev team
Lukas: Working on the advanced search
Peter: Checking big bot importers
Seb: Planning for the next sprint
Bots submitted by community members…. from Peter Evans.
This week we had our monthly #FlashHacks which went really well with 8 coders and an investigator joining us to do the final sprints for Map the Banks campaign.
Check out this blogpost from Bex about her experience of going to FlashHacks. You can read it here..
Tweet of the Week
- Peter: Spent some time organising Python UK (Sept).
- Ben: I took a cruise on the MV Balmoral across the Severn and up the River Usk.
- Seb: I made sauerkraut, blackcurrant jam, seitan, and cherry brandy.
- Chris: I picked blackberries along the banks of the Thames. It’s good in porridge and apple and blackberry crumble.
- Hera (me!) spoke at a ODI Event about how OpenCorporates is disrupting development last week. Here are the slides.