This post is the part of a weekly blogpost series updating you on what’s going on at OpenCorporates this week. Want to help us get more data? Claim a mission!
Data the OpenCorporates team is scraping…. from the Data team
Peter and Shyam looked at data freshness and working on new US business licenses. Shyam has also been fixing broken importers.
- You can now filter by inactive/active status, branches and nonprofit type
- You can also download our data as CSV now
- We’ve got a nice 5xx error and maintenance page
- We’ve added jurisdictions to the Open Company Data Index as they weren’t appearing on registries page
5 word update on what mysterious problem solving they are up to…. from the Dev team
Lukas: Working on the advanced search
Peter: Checking big bot importers
Seb: Fixing URL downloader & branches
Bots submitted by community members…. from Peter Evans.
We had a good week for bots written by the community. @martinjs wrote a bot scraping financial licences from South Africa’s Financial Services Board and @ben wrote one scraping financial licences from the Central Bank of Lebanon. Both of these are using our new licence schema which allows much more complex and interesting information to be captured and made open.
Missions to claim:
– Write a bot for: Financial Licenses (Banking) of Mauritius
– Write a bot for: Financial Licenses (Securities) of Sri Lanka
The next #FlashHacks is…
London, 26th August, 5.00 – 9.30pm >> Join Us!
Berlin, 18th August, 6.00 – 9.00pm >> Join Us!
Want to host your own #FlashHacks? Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tweet of the Week
- Peter: Worked with his cousin to convert DNA into code so she can create customised fashion from it [http://www.dotone.io/]:
- Ben: Practising Onewheel every spare minute I get. e.g. http://community.rideonewheel.com/topic/233/cardiff-bay-and-taff-trail
- Shyam is very proud of this tomato in his garden:
- Seb: Finished his tempeh incubator:
- Chris: I have been spending my spare time picking blackberries, booking flights (US and Beijing) and going to the theatre (The Motherf*cker With The Hat at the National Theatre).
- Hera (me!) wrote a blogpost on ICT works on opportunities being missed to use tech for fighting violence against women. You can read it here.