AT A GLANCE
Role: Account Director
Location: Level39 FinTech Accelerator, Canary Wharf London (support for flexible working one day per week). Flexible working (4 days in the office, 1 day remotely).
Salary: £90k OTE (£45k-£50k Base)
Benefits: Longer term incentive plan to be linked to the sustainable expansion of OpenCorporates mission and revenue goals.
Travel: occasional international travel (primarily US client and partner visits.
Application closing date: Friday 19th February 2016
Are you sales professional with experience of the business information landscape looking for a new challenge? Would you like to work in an entrepreneurial, high growth startup environment at the heart of the UK’s FInTech community? Do you want to be part of a business which benefits from a proven commercial model, year on year high growth, no debt and a compelling social mission? We are looking for an energetic, UK-based Account Director to spearhead our next stage of growth.
This is an exciting time to join OpenCorporates and lead the commercial charge within an increasingly globally recognised brand in the information industry. Since formation in 2010 OpenCorporates’ small team has accomplished a huge amount: we’ve aggregated and mapped over 97 million corporate entities, 21 million business licences, and identified hundreds of thousands of corporate networks across 108 jurisdictions. In 2015 we were recognised with the Open Data Institute’s Best Open Data Business award. Our corporate customers include the World Bank, US Government agencies, Avention, Bureau van Dijk, and LinkedIn. OpenCorporates is used to support compliance and investigative work streams and is increasingly being embedded into KYC, AML, CRM business intelligence and quality assurance approaches by other data and software businesses. 250,000 people use www.opencorporates.com, 28,000 are registered users. We measure our considerable social impact annually, and we facilitate use of our data in a wide range of research projects.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive sales growth but you will work closely with the wider team. The successful candidate will have a close level of support from the existing VP Business Development and CEO. You will be rewarded and measured against the following:
- Doubling commercial bookings in 2016
- Account management
- develop account plans for key customers
- maximise revenues from existing enterprise customers (upsell and cross sell)
- develop account plans for key customers
- New business development
- Develop a priority prospect list
- Run campaigns, prospect and collaborate with our community manager
- Manage, maintain updates to and report on progress using our CRM system (Pipedrive)
- Developing and refine our commercial products and propositions
- Collaborate closely with CEO, VP Bus Development and wider team.
- Lead on contract and commercial negotiations.
- Inform strategic direction of company.
- Lead and develop pitches to key clients, shape value propositions, write proposals.
Essential skills and experience:
- Self starter
- Successful record of complex solution sales and new client wins, ideally with a background in business information, business intelligence and or software.
- Exceptional qualification, negotiation, strong presentation skills and superior oral and writing skills (we will assess these skills in the process).
- Independent, structured, disciplined and self-directed working approach.
- Proposal writing, project scoping, implementation, evidence strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Startup, SME, high growth and corporate experience
- Working with a distributed team
- Closing deals with international organisations
- Demonstrate closing six figure deals
- Use of cloud based collaboration tools and systems (GMail and Google Apps, ASANA, Slack/Flowdock, Pipedrive)
- Submit CV (2 pages only) and covering letter (1 page only) summarising why you are the right candidate.
- Shortlist 5 candidates
- 30 minute telephone interview with VP Business Development
- Face to face interviews:
- Meet members of wider team in Canary Wharf
- Short online psychometric tests (numeracy, verbal, inductive reasoning and critical thinking)
- Final stage 20 minute presentation to CEO and VP Bus Development on how you would approach your first 90 days.
Sorry but we shall be unable to respond to all applications. If we have not replied by Friday 26th Feb then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Following your appointment there will be a close level of support from the existing VP Business Development and CEO.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com