OpenCorporates is used by investigators, NGOs, and researchers every day to study and fight corruption, money laundering and organised crime. Every month, we’ll share links to show you the work people are doing with our data.
- How much dirty Chinese cash is washed through the UK? Private Eye used our data and found an address in London home to 4,300 companies with Chinese officers. Read the full investigation here.
- One year after detectives in Belgium opened an investigation into the fall of Optima Bank and its former CEO Jeroen Piqueur, newspaper De Tijd follows the trail of money from Belgium to Spain to see where it leads. Full investigation here.
- We’re delighted to announce that Ukraine has signed up to become the first country to integrate with the OpenOwnership Global Beneficial Ownership Register. This means that Ukraine’s beneficial ownership data will be available on OpenOwnership, linked to data from around the world. Read more here.
- As part of our impact work to improve corporate transparency in the public interest, we have responded to the consultation on this subject by UK’s BEIS on the proposed Overseas Entity Property Register. You can read it here.
- In our last FlashHacks, we mapped the Sports Direct empire. You can see the corporate grouping here and pictures from the FlashHacks here, here and here.