We are currently recruiting for:
Want to use your software engineering skills to make a difference to the world? Fancy working in a small and fast-growing team tackling tricky and important problems? Excited by the idea of working on open data and issues such as the Panama Papers? OpenCorporates – the largest database of companies in the world – is recruiting, and looking for people who are excited by our mission to bring transparency to the corporate world.
OpenCorporates is revolutionising access to information about companies, making it freely available to all for the benefit of society. We now have over 100 million companies, in over 110+ jurisdictions, and are regularly used by journalists, NGOs, banks, lawyers, governments investigating or screening companies.
We are a bootstrapped social enterprise, having taken no external investment, and have pioneered new open data business models. This allows us to be independent, and focus on our important public mission.
We are currently based at Level39 in Canary Wharf, with a nice office and beautiful views over London.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work in a startup-like environment, for a company with a proven business model, strong existing revenues and no debt.
- Some flexible working. (At this stage while it’s small we want the team to be based mostly in the office. We expect to relax this as time goes on.)
- Work for a company with a mission to benefit society.
- You know Ruby. We use a variety of technologies in our stack but Ruby is the core language so you need to be fluent in it.
- You understand systems. The OpenCorporates stack has a variety of components, e.g. Rails apps, Docker containers orchestrated by Apache Mesos, Elasticsearch clusters, queuing systems, which need to work together seamlessly. You need to understand and be able to deal with the challenges this raises.
- You love data. Data is at the heart of what we do, and you should be comfortable dealing with it, including modelling complex concepts, importing and wrangling big datasets and knowing how to keep it high quality.
- You know how to work in a team. The problems we deal with require a lot of collaboration and communication.
- You are entitled to work in the UK. Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa/relocation help for now.
TO APPLY email email@example.com