We live a world where the future of democracy is no longer assured, and the power and opacity of corporations threatens to undermine society. If you want to make a difference, want to make sure that fundamental rights and democratic values are maintained, join OpenCorporates, the largest open database of companies in the world.
We are looking for talented engineers in the London area to join us and help us continue OpenCorporates’ important mission. As well as continuing with the core opencorporates.com website and API, over the coming months we will be starting work on some new and challenging products related to corporate network/structure graphs and extracting signals from changes in company data over time.
Above all we are looking for smart people who we think will fit in well, but at this stage of our expansion we are looking for people with some specific experience. During the interview process you should be able to demonstrate that:
- You know Ruby. Ruby is currently the core language we use so you must be fluent in it.
- You understand systems. The OpenCorporates architecture has a variety of components which need to work together seamlessly. You must understand and be able to deal with the challenges this raises.
- You understand data. Our product is data – arranging it, linking it, making it accessible – so you should be comfortable dealing with it, including handling complex concepts, dealing with big datasets and knowing how to keep it high quality.
- You know how to work in a team. The problems we deal with require a lot of collaboration and communication.
- You are entitled to work in the UK. Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa/relocation help for now.
- £40-75k depending on experience
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Level39 membership (so free fruit, drinks, cookies; a subsidised cafe; events and monthly social gatherings)
- We always accommodate any requests for book/training/conference/etc. expenditure
We are based inside Level39 in Canary Wharf, with a nice office and great views over London.
Email email@example.com with your CV (and/or anything you feel is appropriate) and tell us a bit about yourself.