After 3 years, our wonderful Community Manager, Hera, is moving out of London, and so we need someone to fill her considerable shoes, and build on what’s already been achieved.
We’re recruiting for an exceptional and energetic individual to spread the word about OpenCorporates to journalists, academics, NGOs and governments, and to develop our community of both public-benefit and commercial users. This is a key role in a fast-growing public-benefit company, with a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to the world, especially in the critical area of corporate transparency and accountability.
You’ll be a natural communicator, self-driven and organised and relish the chance to:
- Be the face of OpenCorporates at events and be able to explain why what we’re doing is so important
- Be the interface between OpenCorporates’ expert staff and investigative journalists, NGOs and academics to discover interesting data stories and show the importance of this data
- Come up with a plan to develop the loose community of hundreds of users (from investigative journalists and academics to banks and other commercial users) of OpenCorporates into a fully-blown community of practice, including regular and annual events to deepen the usage of OpenCorporates and exchange learning
- Travel and meet lots of people
You’ll obviously also care about OpenCorporates’ mission, and understand why it’s so important.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Level39 membership (so free fruit, drinks, cookies; a subsidised cafe; events and monthly social gatherings)
- We always accommodate any requests for books/training/conference/etc. expenditure
We are based at Level39 in Canary Wharf, with a great office and stunning views over London. You will need to travel to conferences and workshops internationally. Applicants must have a valid UK work permit, and be based in the London area. Strictly no recruitment agencies.